Friday, November 1, 2013

Harvest Collection by Pinwheel Polish

Hey lovely ladies! Today I have swatches from the Pinwheel Polish Harvest Collection. It's an assortment of gorgeous shimmer and glitter polishes just perfect for the fall and winter. As I mentioned in my first blog post, Pinwheel Polish is an indie nail polish line founded by Janna, or better known on IG as @twirls827. Pinwheel Polish was one of my first indie purchases and Janna has been such a wonderful friend from the beginning. I am extremely grateful to be able to swatch her beautiful creations! There are a total of 6 shimmers, 1 crelly, and 1 glitter topper. All polishes had good formulas with a smooth application. The only critique I would have is that the brush strokes were visible with the shimmers. It didn't bother me but I know for some people that may be an issue. Now on to the swatches!


Sage
Sage is the perfect name for this polish. It's a sage/olive green shimmer with gold undertones. Definitely unique IMO and perfect for the fall! I applied two coats plus top coat. Sage is sheer in one coat and opaque in two.
 
Sage in artificial lighting.
 
 
Sage outdoors in the shade.
 
 
Fall Sky
Perfect name yet again! Fall Sky is a beautiful green/blue shimmer with gold undertones. I actually thought of this polish the other day looking into the sunset. Janna was exactly right with this one! I applied three thin coats plus top coat. Fall Sky is sheer with one coat and opaque with two.
 
Fall Sky in artificial lighting.
 
 
Fall Sky outdoors in the shade.
 
 
Apple Tart
Yet again the perfect name for this polish. Apple tart is a gorgeous red shimmer. I applied two coats plus top coat. Apple Tart is sheer with one coat and opaque in two.
 
Apple Tart in artificial lighting.
 
 
Apple Tart outdoors in the shade.
 
 
Fire Wood
Fire Wood is a unique brown shimmer with gold undertones. I have a love for brown polishes so this was a hit for me! I applied three thin coats plus top coat. Fire Wood is sheer with one coat and opaque in two.
 
Fire Wood in artificial lighting.
 
 
Fire Wood outdoors in the shade.
 
 
Plum Harvest
Plum Harvest is yet another unique polish IMO! It's a mauve/amethyst polish with red shimmer. I applied three coats plus topcoat. Plum Harvest is sheer in one coat and opaque in two.
 
Plum Harvest in artificial lighting.
 
 
Plum Harvest outdoors in the shade.
 
 
Haystack
Haystack is peachy light pink shimmer that I absolutely love!!!! So unique, girly, and delicate. It is a very refreshing color IMO. I applied three thin coats plus top coat. Haystack is sheer with one coat and opaque in 2-3 coats.
 
Haystack in artificial lighting.
 
 
Haystack outdoors in the shade.
 
 
Crushed Leaves
Crushed leaves is an off white crelly with chocolate brown larger hexes, red squares and hexes, and tons of holo glitters in gold, copper, green, orange, and even yellow. This polish screams Fall and Winter, making me automatically think of Thanksgiving and Christmas. The colors are on point for the theme and the name of the polish. Absolutely love this one! I applied three thin coats. Crushed Leaves is sheer with one coat and opaque in 2-3 coats.
 
Crushed Leaves in artificial lighting.
 
 
Crushed Leaves outdoors in the shade.
 
 
Autumn Air
Autumn Air is a clear based glitter topper with a hint of black in the base. It is filled with loads of holo hex glitters in gold, copper, and orange. Autumn air also has tons of gorgeous small square iridescent glitters. I could not get enough of this glitter topper! It's a versatile glitter polish that can be used over black, nude, red, or even on its own. I applied two coats of this polish over two different colors, plus top coat.
 
Autumn Air with Apple Tart as the base. Shown here is in artificial lighting.
 
 
Autumn Air with Apple Tart as the base. Shown here is outdoors in the shade.
 
 
Autumn Air with Wet N Wild Black Crème as the base. Shown here is in artificial lighting.
 
 
Autumn Air with Wet N Wild Black Crème as the base. Shown here is outdoors in the shade.
 
 
Overall, I enjoyed every single one of these polishes!! If I had to choose my top three, I would have to say it would be Haystack, Crushed Leaves, and Autumn Air. I can see myself pulling out quite a few of these again to wear for the coming season! Which one is your favorite? I'd love to know!
 
The Harvest Collection is set to release November 8th so please mark your calendars! If you would like to check out Pinwheel Polish's store site please click here or you can also follow Janna on Instagram (IG @twirlsl827). Link to her store site is also under the bio section of her IG page.
 
Thanks for reading and Have a lovely day!